This statement discloses the privacy practices for the www.FindAVet.us website and informs you about:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected
2. What organization is collecting the information
3. How the information is used and disclosed to third parties
4. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
5. What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under the company’s control.
“Personally identifiable information” is information that would allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your full name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
(1) What Personally Identifiable Information Is Collected. You provide certain personal information to us when you: (a) register for the www.FindAVet.us web site, (b) place orders through our web site, (c) register for email services, and (d) send email messages, submit forms or send other information to us. We may collect personal information from you at other points on our site that state that personal information is being collected. In the event of a complaint, we may also receive personally identifiable information about you from other parties in our network or from other users or third parties who may communicate information to us about you in relation to that complaint.
(2) What Organization Is Collecting the Information. i Love Dogs, Inc. owns and operates the www.FindAVet.us website and is the company that collects personal information on our site. Our mailing address is 3043 Kashiwa St, Torrance CA 90505; customer service enquiries can be made through our Contact Us page. Our servers automatically collect information about which sites users visit and which pages are viewed within the www.FindAVet.us website, but in these instances, we do not obtain personally identifiable information about you. We use a feature of your browser called a “cookie” to assign a User ID that automatically identifies your computer when you visit the site. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive, not on our site. Cookies make your internet experience quicker and more convenient. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our site may not work properly if you do so.
(3) How the Information Is Used and Disclosed to Third Parties. As a general practice, we do not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties. So, for example, we do not sell your email address or your name and personal demographic information to mass marketers. However, on particular pages where we ask for your personally identifiable information, we may explicitly tell you that the data we are collecting on that page will be shared with third parties, in which case those disclosures shall override anything to the contrary in this policy. We will never share your information with a third party who does not contractually agree to maintain the confidentiality of that information using reasonable security measures.
In some cases, we use your personally identifiable information to provide information to you, such as to send newsletters to you that you request, to target offers to you, or to personalize the site in accordance with your requests.
In some situations, we share your personally identifiable information with third parties who provide services to our site in order to enhance the functionality available to you on our web site, and to provide you with new products and services.
Anytime you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information, that information may be used by third parties. In these cases, your choice to disclose personally identifiable information is voluntary.
We use your information on an aggregated basis to operate and enhance our site. We also use this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to enhance your on-site experience by displaying content and messages that we believe will be of interest to you.
Finally, in the event that i Love Dogs, Inc. is acquired by (or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by) another party, or we are merged into another party, that new party or successor company will have all of the rights set forth in this policy, and will not be considered a “third party” but rather an extension of i Love Dogs, Inc.
(4) Controlling the Collection, Use and Distribution of Your Information. You can control the content of your personal information by following the instructions stated below in Section 5. Please note that if you provide any information on your own or directly to parties who provide service to our website or whom you might otherwise encounter or learn of through our website, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the personal information you disclose to them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing information to these third parties.
(5) Our Security Procedures. We have established and maintain reasonable security procedures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personally identifiable information. “Perfect security,” however, does not exist on the Internet.
Although your privacy is very important to us, due to the existing legal regulatory and security environment, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate.
We hope this policy clarifies our policies and procedures regarding your personal information. We may amend this policy at any time by sending the amended policy to any email address you provide to us, or by posting the amended version on our home page.